21.1.14

Revlon Colorbust Matte Balm// Sultry : A review and swatch




Now I'm sure we were all waiting with baited breath for the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms to hit our shores - well...I was - being the lip product fanatic I am! So when I saw them in Boots you could say I was a little excited! After swatching all the colours (several times- and being very restraint) I decided on Sultry - a mauve-y pink that looks beautiful in the tube but goes on more a dusky pink on my pigmented lips.

In a nutshell I'm not too sure if I like the colour but the formula! Let's talk about the formula! It's something else- even though it's matte it feels more creamy but still retains the matte look on the lips. For someone who is used to the Sahara-dry matte that is MAC Ruby Woo, this is just perfect.

Even though it isn't marketed as a stain, I noticed that it fades away into a lovely pink (one that I liked) so in terms of longevity this'll stick around! Like the original Balm Stains, this has that minty kind of smell that thankfully isn't too noticeable once you apply it.


So what colours are you thinking of getting?
Until next time!

*Also I decided to change the blog name to Asmaa Writes- your thoughts? :)