19.1.14

#1 Some favourite reads

Ah it's good to be properly back in Blogland *takes a deep breath of the lovely candle and cupcake scented air*.


Working in a bookstore is quite bad for my bank balance to say the least but I've found so many gems!  Today's offerings are three popular books: To Kill a Mockingbird// Harper Lee, The Hundred-Year-Old Man who climbed out of a window and disappeared//Jonas Jonasson and lastly, Man Repeller// Leandra Medine. 

Look at that cover guys! So beautiful eh! 

I remember reading To Kill a Mockingbird (almost said Mockingjay then!) when I was younger and enjoying it - so I thought I'd give it another whirl and I think it's even better this time round! It's warm and funny, yet at the same time it discusses violence, race and other 'heavy' subjects which are filtered through the innocent eyes of the young Scout.
It's honestly one of the best books I've read- definitely think everyone should give it a read!


 Now The Hundred Year Old Man who climbed out of a window and disappeared (longest title ever) is exactly what the title says. But through a series of unexpectedly hilarious events you realise that this particular 100 year old man is quite spectacular!



Another funny book (see a trend emerging here?) is fashion blogger Leandra Medine's Man Repeller .
I saw this in one of Anne's posts a long while back and because everything she recommends I must have- I ended up getting it. I must say though- I really enjoyed reading it. It's something of a biography and the one thing I ended up wanting when I finished the book was a good leather jacket. (Still on the hunt)

What have you been reading? Have you read any of these books?
Until next time!