15.11.13

MAC Lustering: A review

MAC Lustering//£15 // it's a lot less purple-y in real life!

So as the cold season is well and truly upon us and the plum berry tones are out in full force, I thought I would go for a something of a summery colour. See my face can look very dull- and for those days I need more than a mere MLBB (my lips but better) like MAC Creme in your Coffee (which has seen a lot of action round here- even ending up in my Oct. favourites.)
That's where MAC Lustering comes in. It's the perfect pink for my skin tone. Now being of a 'darker' colour most pinks pull purple on me or worse look garish, but MAC Lustering is a beautiful warm darkish pink with red undertones. It adds some colour to my face and being of a Lustre finish (sheer and has a sheen) it doesn't come out as bright on the lips- rather it is a very wearable colour that can definitely be built up.

Do you have a favourite 'brightening' lipstick for those dull days?


Until next time!