27.9.12

MAC See Sheer, Review and Swatches

Hola mi lovelies!






Yep another lipstick! I do apologise if they're not your thing, thought I don't know if you're aware of this but I have a slight addiction to them! The lipstick in question here is MAC See Sheer, which is a Lustre.




I picked this up sometime this week and I'm in love with it! I had dragged my poor sister to the MAC store and proceeded to swatch the 10million plus lipsticks there! I say poor because she has zero interest in makeup! Finally having covered my hands in swatches and forgetting what colour was for what lipstick, I asked her to pick one. She picked See Sheer and I was literally in shock at how fast she chose it and how well it suited me! Anyway!



MAC describes See Sheer as a 'grapefruit pink' and I think that's a pretty accurate description. The pictures don't do it justice. It's almost coral but more pink than orange if that makes any sense! 


Left: Heavy swatch, Right: One swipe


As it's a lustre, it's pretty sheer (but pigmented enough to make my two-toned lips one colour) and has a sheen. However, you can build it up. It's the perfect colour to transition from Summer to Autumn and I for one will be wearing it all year round. Why limit yourself eh? If it looks good-rock it gurlfreeennddd! Sorry.

On my pigmented lips the colour is more muted and brightens up my face. 

Bare lips


Wearing See sheer

Whatever complexion you are, you should go and check this out! It'll suit anybody but keep in mind that it'll look different on different skin tones. 

See Sheer is available here and retails for a rather painful £14.

    So tell me, what's your favourite MAC lipstick? And if you haven't got one, which one appeals to you the most? 

Thanks for reading!