5.8.12

Team GB!!

Hiya!


Source

So Britain is going ga-ga for the Olympics and I have been well and truly bitten by the sporting bug! 
Now before the opening ceremony I was very blas√© about it all and now I'm following the medal count and the games with baited breath! This might have something to do with the fact that this is the first Olympics I've ever watched and it is being held in Britain! 
There is something so inspiring about seeing the athletes, who have been training for this moment for so long, their dedication and seeing their reactions when they win for their country. We're being given a glimpse into the greatest moment of their life. They're living their dream. 

Yet at the same time, it makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life. Will I achieve my dreams? Are they even achievable? Realistic? Then yesterday, that wonderful historic Saturday, made me realise I can be whoever I want to be as long as I give it my best shot because if GB can win six Olympic GOLD medals in one day, and if one of those can be won by a Somali-Brit in the 10,000m, maybe this Somali-Brit can the travel world, become a journalist and change the world.